Saturday 8 February 2014

Old car, Old Spark Plug Distributor, Kereta Perodua Kancil

Do you all know Perodua Kancil car? As Malaysian, you should know the car. If you don't know about the car, you actually are not Malaysian. Haha. But seriously. Perodua Kancil are very old car. But because of the price are lower than other car, and also the fuel consumption are lower than other car,, the car still being used by Malaysian whose are cannot afford other beautiful fast car.

I am the one of the Kancil car users. I have Kancil 660cc.

So in recent years, my Kancil got some problem with the RPM meter. Usually, the RPM should stay at 1.2k. But now RPM become fluctuated. Sometimes it will down below 1.2k. Sometimes up. And sometimes the engine will shut off itself. And lastly (4 February 2014), the engine cannot be start. The starter motor crank the engine, but the engine cannot start.

I do make a research from Internet and I found that there have some problem with the CONTACT BREAKER POINT (normally Malaysian just call CONTACT POINT). The location of the CONTACT POINT is INSIDE the distributor. You open the DISTRIBUTOR CAP, and you will find the contact point.

In repairing(or replace) contact breaker point, the very important thing is the GAP between the TWO contact point. The GAP must be in between 0.05mm to 0.15mm. I usually use FEELER gauge to make sure the GAP is 0.10mm.

FEELER gauge usually is designed in hundredths milimeter. It means if the value on the FEELER GAUGE is 10, so it means the true value is 0.10mm. If the value 5, so it means 0.05mm. That's it.



So I try to repair the car myself. The tools that I use are:

  1. Spanner 12mm
  2. Screw driver
  3. Feeler gauge

Use 12mm Spanner to remove the DISTRIBUTOR from the engine. There are two clips on the DISTRIBUTOR. Open the clips to OPEN the DISTRIBUTOR CAP. And you will see the contact point inside there. Just use your screw driver to adjust the GAP. Use feeler gauge to make sure the GAP are in exact value.

After done, I re-assemble the part and try to start the engine.

The motor crank the engine. In few seconds, the car are sucessfully STARTED. haha. That's it. First time I repaired my car myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment